Last modified: September 3, 2020
The Math Olympiad program that Mrs. Jepsen works with at Provost Elementary is for high performing 5th and 6th grade students in mathematics.
The goals of the program are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
5th and 6th graders meet on Monday mornings from 7:30-8:25 from October through March.
Students participate in monthly international math solving contests. Their scores are compared with students and teams from all over the United States and many other countries.
Contest Dates for 2015-2016
- November 17
- December 15
- January 12
- February 9
- March 8
If you would like to learn more about the program, check out this link: