Last modified: September 3, 2020
American Presidents Research Project
Your assignment is to independently research and learn about a specific time in American history by studying a U.S. president. Your president was assigned randomly and cannot be switched. The details of your research requirements are listed below.
- Write a 5 paragraph biography report that summarizes information about where and when the president was born & died, as well as, his childhood family.
- Identify 3-5 facts about the president’s life before he became president.
- Identify the years the president was in office and who his Vice-President was.
- Name the political party of the president and his home state.
- Describe 2 or more of the major accomplishments of the president, while he was in office.
- Name at least 1 of the obstacles or failures the president faced while in and out of office.
- List 3-5 facts about your president that you found interesting.
- Describe at least 3 events that happened in America or the world during the president’s time in office. The descriptions of the events should be 1 paragraph each.
- Write a 5-7 sentence paragraph that explains your opinion of the president with supporting reasons.
- Write a 1 paragraph explanation of the 3 branches of the United State’s government.
- List the responsibilities of a President of the United States.
- Write a 1 paragraph explanation of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Create a bibliography/reference page that lists the resources you used to find your information. Be sure to include the title, author, and/or websites.
- Create a poster that displays ALL of the above information, except the biography report.
- Your poster will also need the following: a title, a picture of the president, and your name
- You will need to type your information and save it in a pages document.
- AFTER, all of your research information is typed, go back to the research requirement list and be sure you have finished all of the assignment.
- AFTER, you are sure ALL of the assignment is finished, have a partner read your work and give you feedback on questions they may have, things you might need to correct, and ideas to make it better.
- When this is done, you will be able to print your work and create your poster.
Student US President Assignments
George W. Bush:
George H.W. Bush:
John Kennedy: Garrett
Franklin Roosevelt: Destiny
Theodore Roosevelt: Marlin
Ulysses Grant: Mikey
Abraham Lincoln: MaKenzie
John Quincy Adams:
Thomas Jefferson: Lauty
John Adams: Kyler
George Washington: Macie