Last modified: September 3, 2020
American wars Research Project
Your assignment is to independently research and learn about a specific time in American history by studying a U.S. war. Your war was assigned randomly and cannot be switched. The details of your research requirements are listed below.
- Write a 1 paragraph explanation of the events that led to the war.
- Write a 1-3 paragraph summary of the events that happened during the war.
- Identify the major event(s) that started the war.
- Identify the major event(s) that ended the war.
- Write a 1 paragraph explanation of the results and outcome of the war on the United States.
- Write a 1 paragraph explanation of the results and outcome of the war on the rest of the world.
- Identify positive and negative consequences of the war.
- Identify the main challenges or obstacles faced by American soldiers during the war.
- Identify the countries that fought with America and those that fought against America during the war.
- Create a timeline that includes the major events and dates of the war.
- Create a chart of the major battles, military leaders, and casualties.
- List 3-5 facts about the war that you found interesting.
- Identify any long-term effects of the war that have changed or impacted American history.
- Create a bibliography/reference page that lists the resources you used to find your information. Be sure to include the title, author, and/or websites.
- Create a poster that displays the timeline, battle chart, and interesting facts.
- Your poster will also need the following: a title, pictures of people or events from the war, and your name
- The rest of your information should be typed into a keynote presentation.
- You can add pictures, transitions, sounds, etc. after ALL of the other requirements have been completed.