Last modified: December 10, 2018
Mrs. Jones’ class is THE place to “bee”!
Mrs. Jones has a Master’s degree in Curriculum, Instruction, and Technology. She has taught fourth grade since 2000, with her first year at Provost Elementary being 2017-2018. In her free time she likes to sing, play the piano, write and arrange music, knit, and paint realistic art dolls.
Did you know…
- Utah’s nickname is The Beehive State.
- The state emblem is the beehive.
- The state insect is the honeybee.
- The state star cluster is the beehive cluster.
- Many of our state symbols were thought up by kids about your age.
- The rest of our state symbols remind us of the history of the early settlers. The early pioneers were as “busy as a bee” creating beautiful buildings with the stone from canyon quarries, irrigating the desert, and growing a wide variety of crops. This year you will learn all about Utah’s geography, history, and natural environment in fourth grade.