Last modified: January 11, 2023
Teresa Tolutau Ulunga
Welcome to Camp 4th with Mrs. Toluta’u
Utah Fun Facts:
- Utah earned Statehood on: January 4, 1896
- Utah is known as the Beehive State.
- It is illegal in Utah to fish from the back of your horse!
- You are not allowed to hunt WHALES in Utah!
- Utah has the highest literacy rate in the nation!
- The Great Salt Lake is about 4 times saltier than any of the world’s oceans.
- Utah is one of the four-corner states.
- Utah is from the Native Ute language and means, “Top of the Mountains!”
- Lagoon (Farmington, Utah) is the oldest operating amusement park in the American West, and “Old Woodie,” its original roller coaster is the third oldest in America.
- It is illegal to walk down the street of any town or city in Utah with your VIOLIN in a paper bag.