Last modified: June 17, 2020
Classroom Supply List
I am so excited to be working with your child! I love teaching children, especially third graders. I know that we will have a wonderful year together!
Each year the school will provide some basic materials needed for school. However, there are items that we need. There are community items that the entire class will use and items that students will need individually. Please do not purchase items for your child to put in their desk unless specified. These become a distraction from learning activities. Please NO pencil boxes or pencil sharpeners. Thank you!
COMMUNITY ITEMS – not for individual children
- Dry erase markers – Lots of BLACK ONLY and LARGE. I could use a few red ones.
- 1 box of Kleenex
- $20 class donation (to help pay for science materials, field trips, etc.)
- Markers for coloring (These will be shared with other students. They will not be allowed to be kept in the student’s desk.)
- If you can find a package of all red, all green, or all blue colored pencils, those would be helpful. I don’t know if they exist.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN
- 2 small spiral-bound notebooks (inexpensive 20 to 70 cent notebooks)
- 2 pocket folders to use at school
- If your child wants to bring their own earphones for their computer, they are welcome to do that.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND OTHER ITEMS SUCH AS SCISSORS OR CUTE ERASERS. I WILL SEND THEM BACK HOME WITH YOUR CHILDREN. We have very little room in our classroom and children get easily distracted with too much stuff. We have A LOT to learn this year, so we have to be working hard as often as we can. We will work hard and have TONS of fun, too!
I hope you have a wonderful summer and I will see you in the fall!
Parents, please note that donations and contributions are voluntary. We do not require them in order for your child to participate fully.
SEE YOU SOON!