Hey Provost, after a wonderful Thanksgiving break our Provost students are right back to working hard. Choosing to learn is something we need to do every day. Asking questions, learning from our...
Hey Provost, THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering as a “WatchDOG” at Provost Elementary!
WatchDOGS is a community engagement initiative intended to provide positive male role models for students, emphasize the importance of education, enhance school security, and reduce bullying. We welcome you to volunteer as much or as little as you are able. Scheduling your volunteer service is easy and flexible.
Simply click on the link below and specify the day(s) and time-frame within school hours that you are available.
DID YOU KNOW? If you volunteer only once a month, we would have more than enough WatchDOGS to have one on site each day!
Your service has the potential to have a tremendously positive effect on the students and community at Provost.
Sign Up to Volunteer as a WatchDOG for the Month of October
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on the day/time-frame in which you are volunteering, and could include:
- Helping direct traffic during arrival
- Dismissal times
- Monitoring hallways & entrances
- Monitoring buildings (inside & outside)
- Eating lunch with students
- Playing or refereeing on the playground or in the gym
- Reading to the kids
- Educational games
- Speaking to classes about the importance of an education and career opportunities
- Chaperoning field trips
- Supporting fine arts classes (i.e. band, choir, music, art, etc.)
- Assisting with school events
- Class parties